- 1 How do I reset my T-mobile signal?
- 2 Why does my T-mobile phone have no service?
- 3 Why is my cell phone service not working?
- 4 How do I troubleshoot my tmobile phone?
- 5 What does ## 72786 do?
- 6 Why are my calls not going through?
- 7 What to do if mobile data is on but not working?
- 8 What to do if my outgoing calls are not going?
- 9 How can I solve my phone network problem?
- 10 How do I fix my iPhone if it says no service?
- 11 Why is my new SIM saying no service?
- 12 Why is my phone internet so slow all of a sudden?
- 13 How do you reset your network settings?
How do I reset my T-mobile signal?
From the Home screen, press Menu, then Settings.
Touch Mobile Networks.
- Android 4.0 (HTC)
- Android 4.0 / 4.1 / 4.2/4.4 (Samsung, LG, Google)
- Android 6.0 (Samsung, LG, Google)
- Touch the Menu key or the three-vertical-dot icon.
- Touch Reset to default.
- Check that there is a T–Mobile, T–Mobile US, or similarly named APN.
Why does my T-mobile phone have no service?
Troubleshoot no signal or “no service” errors
Turn off Wi-Fi to make sure you’re using T–Mobile network. Set the device Network mode to Auto. Remove any cases or covers from the device. Update the device software to the latest version.
Why is my cell phone service not working?
Sometimes in order to fix a No Service and Signal on Android problem, you’ll need to deal with the Sim card. You may have bumped your phone somewhere and dislodged your Sim Card a bit. In order to check if your Sim Card is properly connected to your Android or Samsung device, you’ll want to turn off the phone.
How do I troubleshoot my tmobile phone?
- Restart your phone.
- Turn off Wi-Fi to ensure you’re using the T–Mobile network.
- Turn on VoLTE.
- Uninstall downloaded apps such as calling apps; all blocking, launcher, and homescreen apps; and apps you downloaded around the time the problem started.
What does ## 72786 do?
Without a PRL, the device may not be able to roam, i.e. obtain service outside of the home area. For Sprint, it is ##873283# (it is also possible to use code ##72786# on Android or ##25327# on iOS to completely clear out the service programming and redo OTA activation, which includes updating the PRL).
Why are my calls not going through?
Make sure that airplane mode is not on.
When this mode is enabled, mobile networks are disabled, and incoming phone calls go to voicemail. Pull down from the top of the phone’s screen to access Quick Settings or go to Settings > Network & internet > Airplane mode. Make sure airplane mode is disabled.
What to do if mobile data is on but not working?
Remove and Re-Insert Your SIM Card
- Before rebooting, turn on Airplane Mode.
- Wait for 30 seconds, then turn Airplane Mode off.
- If you still don’t have data, turn airplane mode back on, turn your phone off, wait for a minute, turn your phone back on, turn airplane mode off, wait for thirty seconds, then turn mobile data on.
What to do if my outgoing calls are not going?
Fix Can‘t Make Outgoing Calls on Samsung, Android Phones
- Head over to Settings and then go to Applications and then Settings and then go to the “Call” section.
- One of the last resorts to fix can‘t make outgoing calls in Android is to factory reset.
- Another simple solution that has worked for a lot of users is to turn off your phone and take out the SIM card.
How can I solve my phone network problem?
Restart your device.
- Restart your device. It might sound simple, but sometimes that’s all it takes to fix a bad connection.
- If restarting doesn’t work, switch between Wi-Fi and mobile data: Open your Settings app “Wireless & networks” or “Connections”.
- Try the troubleshooting steps below.
How do I fix my iPhone if it says no service?
If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad
- Check your coverage area. Make sure that you’re in an area with cellular network coverage.
- Restart your iPhone or iPad. Restart your device.
- Check for a Carrier Settings update.
- Take out the SIM card.
- Reset your Network Settings.
- Update your iPhone or iPad.
- Contact your carrier.
- Get more help.
Why is my new SIM saying no service?
Usually, if you get a no–service warning, it’s a sign your phone isn’t picking up a signal from a cellphone tower. After you reinsert the SIM card, restart the phone and see if you still get the new SIM card no–service message. If so, it could be a problem with either the card or the account.
Why is my phone internet so slow all of a sudden?
Resetting your network settings, like restarting your phone, often fixes a slow mobile data connection. The problem is that doing so also resets your Wi-Fi access points and Bluetooth devices. To reset network settings on an iPhone, open Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
How do you reset your network settings?
How to reset network settings on an Android device
- Open the Settings app on your Android.
- Scroll to and tap either “General management” or “System,” depending on what device you have.
- Tap either “Reset” or “Reset options.”
- Tap the words “Reset network settings.”
- You’ll have to confirm that you want to reset your network settings.